Good sleep is a leading indicator of positive mental health but something that is often hard to come by in early recovery.
The following recommendations are not only supported by science but also informed by our positive experiences working with hundreds of people recovering from chemical dependencies. Unique product links and specific brands are frequently updated for the best quality, pricing and availability. Each item is a trusted brand we endorse.
[Check with your healthcare provider before starting any herbal or nutritional supplements]
Magnesium Glycinate is a valuable sleep supplement that promotes restful sleep and relaxation, offering a safe and natural solution for those in early recovery seeking quality rest.
The mineral is known for its calming properties, helping to quiet the mind, relax the body, and support a deep and rejuvenating sleep. By incorporating Magnesium Glycinate into your sleep stack, you can improve sleep quality and improve the likelihood you awaken refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
RECOMMENDED DOSE: 200-400 mg 1 hour before bedtime
How it Helps
- Promotes relaxation and tranquility
- Supports deep, restorative sleep
- Enhances sleep quality and duration
- Calms the mind and reduces stress
Glycine is an amino acid that helps you unwind and achieve better sleep quality, providing much-needed support during early recovery.
It plays a vital role in regulating neurotransmitters, promoting a calm and relaxed state of mind. By pairing it with Magnesium Glycinate, you can experience improved sleep quality, reduced sleep disturbances, and a greater sense of overall relaxation.
RECOMMENDED DOSE: 2 – 3 grams 1 hour before bedtime
How it Helps
- Facilitates relaxation and calmness
- Supports better sleep quality
- Reduces the time it takes to fall asleep
- Enhances overall sleep duration
- Assists in promoting a refreshed state upon awakening
Inositol, a naturally occurring compound and member of the B-vitamin family, is a valuable sleep supplement that promotes restful sleep and helps balance mood.
It plays a significant role in neurotransmitter signaling and mood regulation. As a precursor to important secondary messengers in the brain, it supports optimal brain function and emotional well-being. By considering Inositol as a temporary add-on to the previous two, you might be able to experience improved sleep quality, reduced anxiety, and a greater sense of calmness in your sleep.
AMOUNT : 1500 – 3000 mg one hours before bedtime
How It Helps
- Promotes restful sleep and relaxation
- Helps balance mood and emotional well-being
- Reduces anxiety and racing thoughts
- Supports healthy neurotransmitter function
- Contributes to overall sleep quality
Apigenin, a natural bioflavonoid compound found in certain plants (and the active ingredient in Chamomile Tea), is a sleep supplement that can enhance sleep quality and promote relaxation.
It interacts with receptors in the brain associated with sleep regulation, promoting a state of tranquility and relaxation.
Specifically, Apigenin is good when the problem is not so much falling asleep but staying asleep.
Amount : 50 – 300 mg one hour before bedtime
How it Helps
- Enhances sleep quality and promotes restful sleep
- Reduces sleep disturbances and supports uninterrupted rest
- Promotes a calm and relaxed state of mind
- Supports healthy sleep-wake cycles
L-Theanine, an amino acid primarily found in tea leaves, is a supplement that promotes relaxation and helps facilitate restful sleep.
It promotes a state of calmness by increasing the production of alpha brain waves, associated with relaxation and mental clarity. It has also been shown to offset the stimulating effect of caffeine.
RECOMMENDED DOSE: 100 – 200 mg one hour before bedtime
How It Helps
- Promotes relaxation and calmness for restful sleep
- Reduces sleep latency and improves sleep quality
- Enhances the production of alpha brain waves
- Supports a sense of tranquility and mental clarity
We’re here for you every step of the way towards a healthier and more fulfilling life. Contact us today for personalized guidance, support, and to learn more about our services.
Please note: Dosage, frequency, duration, and combination recommendations of all listed products vary considerably depending upon your unique situation and needs. Check with your healthcare provider before starting any herbal or nutritional supplements, as they may interact with medications or exacerbate certain disease states.